Saké Comments - No Transformers Month

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Transformers Month
06-04-2010, 07:43 AM
No Transformers Month
Well I've decided to do something radical this month and not buy any Transformers. I've become slighly addicted to my plastic crack habit in recent months with several good opportunities to buy figures I don't own. So this month I'm seeing if I can keep away from temptation for a month.

I did have a major test on only my second day of the break as me and my girlfriend went shopping in Nottingham and there was Universe G1 Optimus Prime 25th Anniversary version staring at me in The Entertainer for 1/2 price. But I resisted and didn't buy anything.

I think my only problem will be when the new Argos catalogue rolls around as thats one of my favourite times of year hunting new TF's in it.

Well wish me luck guys (and gals!) and Hasbro please, please, please don't release anything else this month.......and Kapow please don't get any more awesome figures in stock!

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Re: No Transformers Month
Wait till you see what we've got coming up... Wink

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
06-04-2010, 09:16 AM
KingGrimlock Wrote:Wait till you see what we've got coming up... Wink

Out foul demon.....do not tempt me with your awesome Transformers!!!! :lol:

06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
In all fairness, best of luck with it mate. It can spiral out of control so easily.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
KingGrimlock Wrote:In all fairness, best of luck with it mate. It can spiral out of control so easily.

Thats precisely why I've decided to take a break as I think I've spent about £300 over the last 2 months on TF's and hopefully I will return after my break as a better person (not really!).

06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Good luck with this.

I've managed fairly well over the last year in hardly buying any. It's helped that most of the ROTF line didn't appeal to me.

The upcoming Powercore and Generations lines will be hard to resist though.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I tried this earlier in the year and lasted almost 2 weeks. I'm thinking of having another go. I have spent far too much on figures I don't really need such as the Universe Scouts from Home Bargains. Infact I got a shock when I realised I had spent £140 on TF's on my CC and £50 by paypal last month. I even picked up a Prime and Jetfire on a whim because they were only £10.00 each in asda. I think I need to stop it all too much.

The Argos book isn't out until the end of July so you have a good chance of succeeding as long as you don't look at the Kapow emails Smile. Good luck.
06-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Hopefully it'll just be plenty of movie-verse bots out there, Phantonfish. Wink
They're so easy to resist - so easy it's like Hasbro actually don't want any money from me anymore.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
06-04-2010, 10:41 PM
though i dont spend too much on tfs (have to be picky, mrs g controls money) i can go over the top if i suddenly get a wad of cash available. only trouble is i want everything and the money wont stretch. i find it helps to target certain items and hold out to see if they get reduced a month or so after release. tends to be the norm on newer tf toys in mainstream shops. why pay to be the first to own a toy when you can be first to get it as a bargain cost. you all know what i mean. :?

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
06-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Good luck, Phantom. I'm picky about what TFs I get. I only tend to pick up characters I like or a mold I find interesting. Bring on July 23rd and the new Argos book, hopefully the TF section won't be stuffed with RoTF hehe :lol:

Mint In Box Toy Reviews
06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I cant remember what the last TF toy was i bought, I remember during the days of Beast Machines, RID, Armada and Energon that i was all over it. As soon as it was out i had it. It got very very expensive.

Right now i'm just trying to keep up with all the comics that IDW keep pumping out.

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey, Phantomfish, special one time offer, my entire Transformers collection up for sale, sure it's modest, somewhere between 150 and 200 figures from various different lines, but I'm offering it all to you for the low low price of 99p, that's right my entire collection for less than one pound. But hurry, this offer only available for Phantomfish until the end of this month. Wink

(just as a disclaimer, this is not a real offer.)

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
06-06-2010, 09:45 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:Hey, Phantomfish, special one time offer, my entire Transformers collection up for sale, sure it's modest, somewhere between 150 and 200 figures from various different lines, but I'm offering it all to you for the low low price of 99p, that's right my entire collection for less than one pound. But hurry, this offer only available for Phantomfish until the end of this month. Wink

(just as a disclaimer, this is not a real offer.)

love the disclaimer LA, would you accept £1.50???? :lol: :lol:

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
GALVY Wrote:love the disclaimer LA, would you accept £1.50???? :lol: :lol:

As tempting as that offer is, I'm going to have to decline it for the time being.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
06-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I'll give you £2 for it!

That's about a penny a figure, and I can come collect them!

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.