Saké Comments - TECH SPECS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TECH SPECS
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH SPECS
Who else would love to see the return of the tech specs? back in the day it helped decide which tf i was gonna buy because i wanted a really tough and fast TF instead of bumblebee. i think hasbro are missing a trick, just like having stickers that need to be applied by the purchaser. it all added to the fun and if it was added to the newer tfs it might make them seem more attractive.

thoughts??

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Re: TECH SPECS
They do still have tech specs. It's simply part of the crime of multilingual packaging that we no longer see them in the UK.
Look at the back of any US packaging and it's there. ROTF Legends Devastator for example, has the somewhat questionable rank of 9, but otherwise a reasonable mix of two twos, a three and four tens. As well as a full bio.

Does anyone else feel like it's time for me to do my multilingual packaging rant again?..

EDIT: After looking at a few of the american boxes I have from the past few years, it seems that whilst the movie line, the 2009 Universe line and ROTF retained the tech specs in the US market, Animated did away with them all together. In case anyone's interested.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM
i mean a g1 kind of tech spec where if you were poor sighted you needed the red decoder to actually see the waveline. just on there own these are a great collectable and after destroying the modern packaging to get at your toy would save a lot of space instead of haveing a loft full of knackered boxes and cards.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Character bios and tech specs are one of the things that set Transformers apart from so many similar lines in the 1980's and have to be considered partly responsable for the continued success of the brand. I'd like to see the instructions double sided with the box art, character bio and techspecs on the reverse.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]