Saké Comments - SlashFilm talk Transformers 3d main villian for third movie and more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SlashFilm talk Transformers 3d main villian for third movie and more
06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
SlashFilm talk Transformers 3d main villian for third movie and more
Please use this thread to discuss the SlashFilm talk Transformers 3d main villian for third movie and more news story on the main site.

­­
[/url][url=http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10/transformer-3-3d-release-confirmed-villain-and-plot-details-revealed-the-end-of-the-trilogy/]­SlashFilm have posted an article regarding the third live action Transformers film, still as yet unnamed, which covers some plot details, confirmation that the film will also see a 3D release (as was expected) and just who the main villain will be this time around.
* Final confirmation that movie will be released in 3D. No word on if it will be shot in 3D or converted in post. Knowing Bay's obsession with film, I'm assuming he agreed on a post process.

* The villain in Transformers 3 is "Shockwave, the robot cyclops-turned-laser-cannon, who became dictator of their home world of Cybertron after the other Autobots and Decepticons journeyed to Earth." Makes sense.

* Bay claims "One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy" adding the The Twins are "basically gone" but comic relief John Turturro returns. Bay's "basically gone" comment seems to confirm that they have a short appearance in the film.

* In the new film Sam Witwicky is "taking his first tenuous steps into adulthood while remaining a reluctant human ally of Optimus Prime. "Shia has this great line: 'You know, I've saved the world twice, but I can't get a job.'" Okay, so Transformers is never gonna get a screenplay nomination at the Academy Awards.

* The plot also "delves into the space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, suggesting there was a hidden Transformers role in it all that remains one of the planet's most dangerous secrets. "The movie is more of a mystery," Bay says. "It ties in what we know as history growing up as kids with what really happened."

* Transformers 3 is the end of a trilogy. Bay says "As a trilogy, it really ends. It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending." It basically sounds like Bay is done with the series, and the ending of the movie is a finale of sorts.

* The film also features a set "built to resemble a dilapidated nuclear reactor."

­

­
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Re: SlashFilm talk Transformers 3d main villian for third movie
I actually liked Shockwave's appearance in the 1st movie game. If he looks like that it'd be bad ass. I hope he has a monotone voice - but I would accept Uncle Phill being Shockwave as the most awesome thing ever!

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Re: SlashFilm talk Transformers 3d main villian for third movie
WOOT

already looking forward to the non-bay reboot

Super excited to get this turd instalment out of the way so we can get a shot at someone getting it right

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
Find all posts by this user