Saké Comments - GLORY DAYS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GLORY DAYS!
08-28-2010, 02:43 PM
GLORY DAYS!
Sunstreaker Wrote:
Quartz Wrote:Welcome. All posters are greatly welcomed as the board is not what it use to be a few years back (sadly) though I must confess to being one of the reasons lol. I use to post a lot back in the days before real life got in the way.

Yeah... I miss the good ol' days!

BUT THEY'RE NOT GONE!

Lets bring the Cheese and Zombies back!

This has got me a thinkin'...

The magic hasn't gone! Sure we're all a lot older and grumpier... but TF@TM is still a home to some of the most interesting Muddy-Funksters this side of the Galactic Core!

Who's still lurking?

I SEEEE YOU 7!

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Re: GLORY DAYS!
Sunstreaker Wrote:
Sunstreaker Wrote:
Quartz Wrote:Welcome. All posters are greatly welcomed as the board is not what it use to be a few years back (sadly) though I must confess to being one of the reasons lol. I use to post a lot back in the days before real life got in the way.

Yeah... I miss the good ol' days!

BUT THEY'RE NOT GONE!

Lets bring the Cheese and Zombies back!

This has got me a thinkin'...

The magic hasn't gone! Sure we're all a lot older and grumpier... but TF@TM is still a home to some of the most interesting Muddy-Funksters this side of the Galactic Core!

Who's still lurking?

I SEEEE YOU 7!

i'm occaisionally on, my internet connection is really bad at teh moment though, virgin media have doen @#!*% all to help as well.

well, i'm a bit older and grumpier!
[Image: ee23de6318f-lawn.jpg.jpg]
Wink

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
08-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Yay Rocky!

Now dance for our entertainment.

DO IT!

08-28-2010, 06:44 PM
I still visit at least once a day, but I've stopped posting as often as I used to, a lot of discussion has dried up.
We need to do something to kick this place back into gear and get people visiting more often (did someone say hurt and heal?)
As for older and grumpier, I can attest to there being newer blood, though I've been here a couple of years now, maybe I'm considered an oldie too.

But Basicly, I agree with Sunstreaker, In the few years I've been here I've noticed a few people drop off the radar. Think Hasbro is doing a great job? Come here and ramble on about everything they're doing right. Don't like the direction they're going? Come and discuss why the good old days were better. Bring this place back to life! Dig up the review thread for a start, no one talks about their toys anymore! I know from many evenings wasting time on burnout with toymachine that any transformers fan can talk for hours about whats going on in the community, share some of it here! Better to voice your opinion here where the community is small enough that people know you than on one of the bigger boards where it vanishes amongst thousands (TFW I'm looking at you).

And Rockimus...I'd do what he says.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
08-28-2010, 07:37 PM
im always lurkin! i dont really look at other tf sites unless they are linked in a news story.
maybe i just scared folk away from here? :lol: :lol: KKKNNNNEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm lurking more than posting lol.

Moving from Proboards to an integrated board was suppose to encourage new people to sign up as well as letting me write some integration. The latter never really kicked off and while we did get some new people many old faces just didn't switch and post.

I am always hopeful after conventions that others may post buts it not really happening these days.

With V9 of Transformers At The Moon the latest message board topics and posts will appear on the main page of the site down the side so that might help highlight that there is a community an we will consolidate the forum into only a few area unless it needs to grow. Though I am still working through the code for the toy galleries at the moment (I'll be doing more of that tomorrow actually).
08-28-2010, 09:26 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:I still visit at least once a day, but I've stopped posting as often as I used to, a lot of discussion has dried up.
We need to do something to kick this place back into gear and get people visiting more often (did someone say hurt and heal?)
As for older and grumpier, I can attest to there being newer blood, though I've been here a couple of years now, maybe I'm considered an oldie too.

Hmmm... I'd go a Hurt N Heal! I'd want at least 8 sign-ups first though... Nothing more heartbreaking than watching nothing happen for ages...

I like to think of you as 'Old-Skool' 'Saury...

thelastallosaur Wrote:And Rockimus...I'd do what he says.

08-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Like thelastallosaur I still keep coming, but for me - I only reply if there's something worth replying to. And Transformers talk wise there hasn't really been any here. There is plenty to talk about for sure, but I've never been a thread starter, I'm more happy to just join in.

totaltfs.com - Total Transformers Message Board - Facebook page. Also on Google+.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I still check here most days but there's very little for me to post on as I rarely see a TF I want these days

aside from the 2 ghost screamers I've bought recently money and lack of desirable toys have kept me from buying

the new generations figures might tempt some cash from me but ROTF has not made a single figure I want yet and so theres been nothing for me to buy

you guys definately need to start a joes at t he moon side project and me n streaky'll run it for you as they've had plenty of cash out of me

ohand I'd help run a marvels at the moon site too along with minionion

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
08-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Pretty much the same reasons as Ghosty for me.

I still visit frequently. But aisde from commenting on the odd news story there isn't much TF wise that holds any interest for me negatively or positively. What was rage at the movie lines has turned into apathy.

I still pick up the odd Transformers such as Masterpieces and Disney Labels, but the majority of my money goes towards Masters of the Universe Classics and saving up for Hot Toys releases. I just decided quite some time ago that instead of buying lots of bits I could get something truly spectacular for the same price.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2010, 05:09 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:I still visit at least once a day, but I've stopped posting as often as I used to, a lot of discussion has dried up.

But Basicly, I agree with Sunstreaker, In the few years I've been here I've noticed a few people drop off the radar. Think Hasbro is doing a great job? Come here and ramble on about everything they're doing right. Don't like the direction they're going? Come and discuss why the good old days were better. Bring this place back to life! Dig up the review thread for a start, no one talks about their toys anymore! I know from many evenings wasting time on burnout with toymachine that any transformers fan can talk for hours about whats going on in the community, share some of it here! Better to voice your opinion here where the community is small enough that people know you than on one of the bigger boards where it vanishes amongst thousands (TFW I'm looking at you).

And Rockimus...I'd do what he says.

yessss... obey me. i need coffee! :lol: Wink

Sunstreaker Wrote:

Hmmm... I'd go a Hurt N Heal! I'd want at least 8 sign-ups first though... Nothing more heartbreaking than watching nothing happen for ages...

I like to think of you as 'Old-Skool' 'Saury...

thelastallosaur Wrote:And Rockimus...I'd do what he says.

i'd vouch for a hurt 'n' heal! count me in!

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
08-29-2010, 08:43 PM
im always ready to hurt some fool!! and heal if you like. count me in oh shiney one.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
08-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Still here boys. Not going anywhere.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
08-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey! The 'Old-Skool'!

Any lurkers out there wanna give a shout out?

We're always happy to have new sources of jibber jabber!

And if we get even-numbers of new posters we can make them fight each other...

08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Oi oi TB!