Saké Comments - Friend Indeed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friend Indeed
09-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Friend Indeed
Heya, a lil question for anyone geek enough ta know if id save a good amount of money on any transformer goodies from japan than if i'd order from a site like the lovely kapow Wink ? as its an offer that there if I wanted from a friend havin a 2 week jaunt there Smile

Thankies :mrgreen:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Re: Friend Indeed
You'll *probably* get them cheaper direct from Japan as your friend could hunt out any reduced prices for you and you'll be avoiding shipping and import charges. That said my folks spent 2 weeks in Hong Kong and didn't see a single TF so you never know! :lol: Also the Yen is very strong against the pound at the moment so it might end up being fractionally either way.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
09-21-2010, 07:53 AM
It really depends what you are after. IF you are after something that is current you might find it cheaper there but Japan isn't a cheap place in any case and sometimes it can be cheaper to import it than get it in the native country depending if the store selling it get a large enough wholesale discount.

If you are looking for vintage stuff then quiet often yes it can be cheaper in Japan if you can find it.

KG, really they didn't see any TFs in Hong Kong? They must have stayed clear of the shopping centre by the Star Ferry then, there is a Toys R Us and a couple of collectors stores down there. Some of the smaller shops also sold K/O ones around as well. If I bothered to check google maps I could out a couple of roads in Hong Kong people should check out.
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
thanks peeps, well its the animated stuff I'd probably be lookin at that we didnt get.