11-30-2010, 09:08 AM
SNOWDAY!
Damn it feels good to be a teacher...

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Re: SNOWDAY!
Not even enough snow here to warrant one. Damn flat lands, no bloody weather, grumble, moan, grumble...

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
11-30-2010, 10:47 AM
The entirety of Edinburgh is shut down, first time in living memory all the schools have been shut aparently. Uni is still open, but I'm done for the year apart from exams. Had to drive in yesterday as the buses aren't really running. Made it halfway across the city and back only to get stuck halfway into my own driveway. :roll:

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
I had to work from home yesterday as the buses out by my way weren't running.

I've got in to work today, but the offices are empty, and I'll probably be heading off home early.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I work at a college and its very rarely closed due to snow. I am responsible for taking down the student absences recorded on the voice mail system and we had over 80 students reporting 'sick' for today.

For 'sick' read can't be arsed to get out of bed!

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
I think tomorrows going to be much the same. It's not stopped snowing since before 8 this morning - no sign of it stopping either.

Even if it does slow, it's still going to be highly treacherous around here for the next couple of days. I reckon I'm off tomorrow as well...

12-01-2010, 07:09 AM
SCHOOL SHUT!

I think I might be due a delivery of Secrets of the Third Reich lead soldiers today as well... so that's my day sorted!

12-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Well sheffield today is also very shut!!! Road has abandoned cars all over it looks like a white waste land!!! Got about a foot and half!!!
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Will be needing milk soon... don't know if I can muster the testicular fortitude to get out of my two dressing gowns and face the elefants...

12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
We got to our local store just as milk arrived. We took 1, because that's all we need, but other people were taking 5 or 6.

We officially got another 8 inches last night, and they expect another 8 tonight.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
HA!!! The Snowpocolypes! Steel is prepared for you!

Also being the manliest of manly men I am doing twelve hour shifts, being all heroic and people savey in the face of the white onslaught.

Although I do wish that everyone would just stay in bed and stop falling down icy steps or whatever. The Paramedic has to navagate those same horrid conditions to aid you, you know.

Was in since two in the morning finnished about two hours ago, Only just got home now. Its going to be a bath and bed for Steely. Got more of this tomorrow... but then I'll have done my four and can not move for four days straight.

[Image: steelimusprimesig-1.jpg]
My old sig from my battles with Galvy. I miss you old friend.
12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Huzzah for the People's Hero!

Have seen a fair few emergency helicopters hovering over the 'Don...

12-01-2010, 08:46 PM
No snow here at all today, its all melted, there was a bit yesterday so I took the train into work (1 1/2 hours there, 2 2/2 hours back). Today I took the motorcycle, tomorrow will either be motorcycle of car depending if we have snow. I'm glad we don't as I can't work from home at the moment and have too much to do
12-02-2010, 06:55 AM
DAY 3 ON THE RUSSIAN FRONT.

Dearest Helga,

It is so cold here... we are still snowed in, and it shows no sign of ending. Klaus and I have taken to spooning for warmth, and he is most insistant that he always be 'the big spoon'. Supplies and morale are low.

Give my best to little Adolf and Greta.

Meine ganze Liebe

Hans

12-02-2010, 10:01 AM
No sooner did I post last night than the white power started to fall, by this morning we had a pleasant dusting, so I left the house at 6:30am for the train station. Being a station that no-one cares about the trains were heavily delayed and when they did come, they did not stop and just passed through. 45 minutes later I walked back home, cleaned down the car and drove into work instead and still got in faster than if I had taken the train.