Saké Comments - Transformers DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
02-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Transformers DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
Please use this thread to discuss the Transformers DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime news story on the main site.

Wow what a 24 hours in the world of Transformers.  The news keeps flowing, this time of Transformers Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime, the Optimus Prime movie toy with a trailer.
Check out IOG.com for the images

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Re: Transformers DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
What a let down. Was really keen on this but I feel violated.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't think Hasbro could produce anything that looked more crap if they tried.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Not a huge fan of the combined mode, however since the electronics got moved to the trailer, the robot mode is pretty sleek and I appreciate that (no more fatimus prime). Forearms look a bit clunky but aren't too much of a turn off. Remember the biggest complaint about RotF Leader Prime - his complexity. The way Hasbro handled it seems alright to me. It could have been done better - yes - but it isn't glaring. That aside, the trailer is said to also form a battle platform so if you don't wan't butterfly princess prime, you can have it in that mode for display.
02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
It's certainly not what I was hoping for.
dalisprime Wrote:Remember the biggest complaint about RotF Leader Prime - his complexity.
True, but there's such a thing as too far in the opposite direction. Movie 1 prime looked better and it was simple enough. The whole DOTM line stinks of cheapness, and the guys at TakaraTomy have either forgotten how to make decent movie toys, or have been told not to.There was a lot of negative reaction from vocal fans (and possibly a minority) who hated the ROTF toys, I can't help but wonder if Hasbro has just said 'screw it, lets just make kids toys.' The whole mechtech gimmick points to that. It's one thing to streamline a complex transformation to make it easier (Battle Blades Prime) but it's quite another ruin a good design with a poorly engineered figure (this abomination).

Maybe I'm overreacting. It certainly looks better than devastator, and there were people who bought and liked that figure, so we'll see.

Also I don't like the way they've done the windscreen. I can see what they were going for, but it doesn't sit right with me.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]