Saké Comments - Writing G1?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writing G1?
10-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Writing G1?
Ok... so you've been given the opportunity to write the next Gen1 Novel/Comic/Cartoon/Live Action Film...

Who do you make your central character and why? Who is at the heart of your Gen1 story?

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Re: Writing G1?
Good question. Off the top of my head...I think Hound. He was always basically a more competent Bumblebee, not too high, not too low in the chain of command, generally quite a likeable character. And after all the supercars we've seen recently a small 4x4 is a novel alt mode.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
10-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Good choice funkster.

What sort of tone you thinking?

I think Hound, I think a cheery disposition concealing a melancholy loneliness... always on the outskirts, just looking out over the sunset...

10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Nah, it'd be more upbeat I think, sort of like a more traditionally drawn Animated. Something cheery after the grittyness of DOTM and Prime (which admittedly I haven't seen much of).

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
10-11-2011, 06:29 AM
That works! Is it a long arced story or a jolly one-shot?

I think I might like to write something for Cliffjumper and Windcharger - maybe something like a jolly 'lads weekend' one-shot. Two reckless low ranked warriors just trying to find a little R&R, but stumbling upon humans trafficking in stolen Cybertronian weapons. And there should be an irritating female journalist that the boys end up having to protect...

10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
*bump!*

I was really interested in seeing other folks views on this...

At what time period in Gen 1 would you set it as well? Ancient War on Cybertron? Newly awakened on Earth? Straxus dominance on Cybertron? The Nebulos Debacle? Pretenders Era? Target 2005?

10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Repugnus, Octopunch, Devcon, Terradive, Roadbuster and Fixit as a Secret Six style team. Doesn't matter when it's set as long as they kick ass and tidy up continuity errors and story threads in fun and violent ways.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
10-30-2011, 11:34 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:Repugnus, Octopunch, Devcon, Terradive, Roadbuster and Fixit as a Secret Six style team. Doesn't matter when it's set as long as they kick ass and tidy up continuity errors and story threads in fun and violent ways.

Ooo! Me likey!

A little bit like Damage Control?

10-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Jazz and Prowl in a buddy cop movie

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
10-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Starscreams_Ghost Wrote:Jazz and Prowl in a buddy cop movie

Heh! I like! Investigating Skorponok... as voiced by Joss Ackland... about to bust him only to find he has 'Diplomatic Immunity!

10-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Swindle and Bob in a 'Any which way but loose' style buddy movie.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
10-31-2011, 05:27 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:Swindle and Bob in a 'Any which way but loose' style buddy movie.

I like!

Is there something a little Inglorious B*st*rds about the Combaticons?

I can see them all being dropped behind enemy lines for 'one last covert op'...

11-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Sunstreaker Wrote:
Starscreams_Ghost Wrote:Jazz and Prowl in a buddy cop movie

Heh! I like! Investigating Skorponok... as voiced by Joss Ackland... about to bust him only to find he has 'Diplomatic Immunity!

Its funny I only watched Lethal Weapon 2 the other day so I lol'd long and hard at that.

My idea would focus on Star Sabre leading a guerrilla war against the Decepticons on the other side of the galaxy, staying one jump ahead of them and generally disrupting their all conquerring plans

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
12-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Gruff Wrote:Its funny I only watched Lethal Weapon 2 the other day so I lol'd long and hard at that.

My idea would focus on Star Sabre leading a guerrilla war against the Decepticons on the other side of the galaxy, staying one jump ahead of them and generally disrupting their all conquerring plans

I tend to play the 'diplomatic immunity!' card a lot if I get told off for 'stuffs'... is only really partially successful a good deal of the time...

I like the Starsabre idea - sounds maybe a little bit Robin of Sherwood?

12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Nah my plot involves stealing the best bits from Battlestar Galactica, The Dirty Dozen, Combat (old 50's WW2 serial) and TF Victory 8-)

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]