Saké Comments - The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Re: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
Starscreams_Ghost Wrote:
Sunstreaker Wrote: and if not can we do anything to change that?

trying my best over at FMH but it's a uphill struggle, it's a shame that you never came back really at least I'd have one person reading my reviews other than Minionion!

It did have a really good start - Andy seemed really nice, I won that Sentinal Prime...

I was starting to have doubts though before that weirdness with my Joe photo's. A lot of the posts seemed very 'young', and the boards just seemed to stretch on foreeevvver... like there was no way I could read it all in a week, let alone the 10 to 20 minutes I allowed myself each day. No one was posting for Joe - we had more traffic here about figs than over there, it was looking to be a tremendously uphill struggle... and then it seemed kinda clear that whoever that guy was who 'fixed' the threads didn't really know anything about the lines. I just mentally chalked it up as 'too much hard work to fix' and split the 20 minutes I was giving the place to here and HiSStank. No drama, no bad feelings, just a sense of 'meh... done that before don't fancy doing it again.'

Which, coming back 'on topic' is kind of a metaphore for the whole franchise...

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
When we started the Moon it was done so we could just put pictures of toys up that we had for fun. the hope was someone else may want to see it, but if not it was fun for us to do. The Joe site needs to have the same attitude, that we'll do it as we want to - then hopeuflly more peopel will come in. Next years movie will be interesting, as if they can make it good it will bring in interest

[Image: logo.jpg]
Transformers Resource
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm listening to the 'What's on Joe mind?' podcast... It's good... very American... but good!

What are peoples thoughts on a podcast from the TF@TM boys?

11-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Sunstreaker Wrote:
What are peoples thoughts on a podcast from the TF@TM boys?

See, all I can hear is Dave's fansub of Slapper from a few years back... a whole podcast of that would destroy my eardrums.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd listen for a laugh. Be on it for an even bigger laugh.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd definately be up for it!

We could discuss Cheeses and Zombies and everything!

11-30-2011, 09:25 PM
The Moon will always be my home away from home, my first port of call for pics and info, news and nostalgia!!!

You know I dread to think how bitter, sad and empty my life would be without Transformers in it. That escapism and fun as a youngster always looking forward to saturdays when the comic would arrive. Getting excited by new toys being advertised on tv. Even at my age now I feel that without Transformers my life would have been very different, with the rough last 2 years I've had to go through without the anticipation of a new live action film and the IDW comics I dont know where or what state I'd be in.
Currently I cant wait for The Fall Of Cybertron when that comes out across all consoles!!

The real world drags me away from being online and all I can muster is heavy presence on Facebook but at least there on my friends list I have a fair few of you on there and would absolutely welcome the rest of you with open arms too. Made some great and truly awesome friends on here and I cant help but thank all of you for the help, info and little chats that you spare your precious time for me with.

The other thing that has pulled me away is an inability to keep up with all the new toy lines, reveal the shield, hunt the decepticons, universe 2.0, animated, bayformers... and now Prime? Heck I havent seen any of the cartoons regularly since Armada and have no idea where or when they're on.
But i guess thats an issue too, there's no continuity. Like Beast Wars had 3 US and 2 Japanese seasons, a vast amount of toys which was then followed by Beast Machines.
RiD sort of landed and then we had the unicron trilogy which was good but then besides the films we've had no decent continuity, one series/franchise leading into the next.
Perhaps an elongated new serial that keep going, introduce/kill characters off and keep a long standing plot going with it.

But hey I'll always be a Transformers fan, I've got it tattooed on my arm and am planning to get more work done very very soon. Never embarrassed, never ashamed but ALWAYS proud to be TransFan and will always call The Moon home Big Grin

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Gruff Wrote:The Moon will always be my home away from home, my first port of call for pics and info, news and nostalgia!!!

You know I dread to think how bitter, sad and empty my life would be without Transformers in it. That escapism and fun as a youngster always looking forward to saturdays when the comic would arrive. Getting excited by new toys being advertised on tv. Even at my age now I feel that without Transformers my life would have been very different, with the rough last 2 years I've had to go through without the anticipation of a new live action film and the IDW comics I dont know where or what state I'd be in.
Currently I cant wait for The Fall Of Cybertron when that comes out across all consoles!!

The real world drags me away from being online and all I can muster is heavy presence on Facebook but at least there on my friends list I have a fair few of you on there and would absolutely welcome the rest of you with open arms too. Made some great and truly awesome friends on here and I cant help but thank all of you for the help, info and little chats that you spare your precious time for me with.

The other thing that has pulled me away is an inability to keep up with all the new toy lines, reveal the shield, hunt the decepticons, universe 2.0, animated, bayformers... and now Prime? Heck I havent seen any of the cartoons regularly since Armada and have no idea where or when they're on.
But i guess thats an issue too, there's no continuity. Like Beast Wars had 3 US and 2 Japanese seasons, a vast amount of toys which was then followed by Beast Machines.
RiD sort of landed and then we had the unicron trilogy which was good but then besides the films we've had no decent continuity, one series/franchise leading into the next.
Perhaps an elongated new serial that keep going, introduce/kill characters off and keep a long standing plot going with it.

But hey I'll always be a Transformers fan, I've got it tattooed on my arm and am planning to get more work done very very soon. Never embarrassed, never ashamed but ALWAYS proud to be TransFan and will always call The Moon home Big Grin

Words of wisdom Gruffalo... Words of wisdom!

12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Really excited about the Fall of Cybertron trailer, War for Cybertron was one of my favorite peices of transformers storytelling, and a bloody good game too. Fall of Cybertron has a lot to live up to. And I hope we get a better toyline for it this time around, I need me a Cybertronian Jazz!

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 03:35 PM by thegreatdestroyer.)
RE: The current franchise - everyone's opinions wanted!
I'm really negative about the franchise at the moment so rather than whinge about the designs used in TF Prime or movie-verse, I've just been quiet. I feel like 10yr old Ben Tennyson when he sees Ultimate Alien Ben 10's aliens and just calls them out on being lame or ripoffs of his.
On a brighter note, The Fall of Cybertron is looking like a stunning ray of hope and Hercules is gonna rock once he's complete.
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
(01-03-2012 03:35 PM)thegreatdestroyer Wrote:  I feel like 10yr old Ben Tennyson when he sees Ultimate Alien Ben 10's aliens and just calls them out on being lame or ripoffs of his.

I think this is not only the best post of 2012 so far, but also sums up my own feelings.

Transformers wise I buy what I like and watch what I like, but there isn't much that I like, and I find it very hard to muster enthusiasm for the brand. When third party items interest me more than regular releases you know Hasbro are doing something very wrong.

The IDW comics are good, and despite some blips I think 2011 was generally a good year for them, and 2012 is shaping up be awesome.

I still love Transformers itself, but modern toys and media (outside the comics) just doesn't register for me anymore. Hopefully something will come down the line in the future that will chnage that.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
(01-03-2012 10:31 PM)minion Wrote:  When third party items interest me more than regular releases you know Hasbro are doing something very wrong.

Nail and head!

I may be a niche customer (I like G1 stuff in weird colours!) but recently there hasnt been a lot that excites me and even then I cant afford it! (EG: the green prime)

Wraithchild666 reborn
I used to be normal like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee..