Saké Comments - Welcome!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Welcome!!
I think the forum is working now, though I did find it bought back some dead forums that I thought my brother removed ages ago.

It's also got confused about the groups.

I'll add all the emoticons some other time as I've forgotten where they are configured as I set this up originally a year ago
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: Welcome!!
Good work. Seems fine so far. Main page was loading a little slow at first, but forum is speedy.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Ooo... much prettier!

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
01-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah I noticed some slower queries that I tinkered with to speed them up and there was some load issues on a couple of pages that were not highlighted by some of my tests, so just let me know how it handles and I will look back into it again.

I'll add in more features and areas over time, the members side of things can finally be re-instated now that the code is a lot cleaner, its only been dead for what 5 years, but my next three projects are my my G.I.Joe Movie 2 site (I re-bought the domain), then my online portfolio site and finally back to The Visionaries.
01-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Home page much quicker now. Get that iPhone app going. Looks horrible on my phone. Smile

(01-02-2012 09:36 AM)quartz Wrote:  I'll add in more features and areas over time, the members side of things can finally be re-instated now that the code is a lot cleaner, its only been dead for what 5 years, but my next three projects are my my G.I.Joe Movie 2 site (I re-bought the domain), then my online portfolio site and finally back to The Visionaries.

You know what my vote is for in that prioritising that list.

01-03-2012, 07:49 AM
I'd love to see what you do with the Joe site! I've said it before, but I'll say it again - need any help with that and I'm about!

01-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Oh you and Ghosty will be given full reins of that one once it's up and running.

It's good that v9 is finally here, as it fixes a lot of back-end issues that Steve had, and helps to optimise the site, as well as gives us the great navigation on image galleries, where you can cycle through images with the keyboard.

Now, we need to start to rebuild the forum and community and get and get The Moon back up in people's thoughts

[Image: logo.jpg]
Transformers Resource
01-03-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:13 PM by Moonbug.)
(01-03-2012 09:34 AM)Moonbug Wrote:  Oh you and Ghosty will be given full reins of that one once it's up and running.

That's the most frightening thing I've ever read. Mwahahahahahaha!

(01-03-2012 09:34 AM)Moonbug Wrote:  Now, we need to start to rebuild the forum and community and get and get The Moon back up in people's thoughts

Consistancy is victory. Any sign of the old 'Vet's board'? I didn't spot it this morning. A conflab might not be a bad idea...

01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
It's odd, some of the boards are there with permissions but are not visible, others that were dead came back. I need to re-look at how the permissions merged.

Current plan is this

1. GIJoeMovie2.com - This is a small site just for the 2nd G.I-Joe film since I bought the domain when the first came out then let it expire then renewed it again. Its launched now with one page, but will only have about 4 over all.

2. StevenMapes.com - I will getting part of this outsourced to a professional designer whilst I start pulling in content

3. TheVisionaries.net - Most likely will come after the other one due to the additional work it needs. This will be maintained by myself, Dave and Minion once it's live. Work on this will make work on all the future sites as well as the members area on the Moon easier / better / possible again

4. Plastic.Co.Ke - This is my general toys and games site where I hope to feature other things that I own with anyone who is interested in adding articles and galleries. It will start of with some board games I own and a few smaller toylines plus probably He-Man. It'll also be the home to most of the character models I have as well as the home of the Brave Series. I expect Joes will fit here temporarily

5. A dedicated Joe site. Name is still TBC
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
(01-03-2012 10:20 PM)quartz Wrote:  3. TheVisionaries.net - Most likely will come after the other one due to the additional work it needs. This will be maintained by myself, Dave and Minion once it's live. Work on this will make work on all the future sites as well as the members area on the Moon easier / better / possible again

Whooooooooooo!

"Whispered secrets of a shattered age, I summon you - renew this sage!"

Looking forward to this with the art and content lined up. Smile

01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
well the new site looks sexual!! love it!!

But sake comments? didnt the last update take us off that and onto a new message board site?

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]