Saké Comments - What was the latest film your saw

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What was the latest film your saw
08-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Re: What was the latest film your saw
Watched both parts of Grindhouse - Planet Terror and Deathproof, and both films were great!

Prefered Planet Terror... for obvious zombie based reasons...

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Finally watched Batman Begins last night(so now I can see the Dark Knight).

The film was excellent, but they spoiled it in a few places. They went to a lot of trouble to (kinda) make it seem as realistic as posinle, so the viewer would gave a sense of "I could do that", then they ruin it by having Batman call in a horde of bats to Arkham asylum as "back-up". How as he supposed to have done that exactly?!

The bit where he pulls the ba cop up on a wire and talks to him whilst he's upside down is a bit over-cooked too - his bat-voice was too hammy and what was with the "Mr Angry" face?!

Lastly, whilst it was just a bit-part, I was disappointed that Zsasz was just a dude. He totally should have been covered in scars of 4 lines with one through the middle (like a score, can't remember the correct word).

Anyway, despite all that, it was well done and thoroughly enjoyable despite the fact they where silly enough to cast Michael Caine (who only has one character - Michael Caine), and I was most leasantly surprised by the use of teh Scarecrow- easily my favourite bat-villain.

[Image: Devil+Soundwave.png]

Check out the adventures of the debonaire DS in Steel's original Megaman style comic - here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/d2stormcasters/comic.htm">http://www.geocities.com/d2stormcasters/comic.htm</a><!-- m -->

Wherefore art thou Steely?
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
The Prestige, very good if a little.... crap at the end....

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
had to watch the first hellboy first to understand but hellboy 2 the golden army was awesome

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I think it was Clone Wars though I've seen the end of Disaster Movie, that comonly happens in my job that I end up seeing the end of films because of having to clean the mess up when everybody has left the screen
09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
herschell Wrote:I think it was Clone Wars though I've seen the end of Disaster Movie, that comonly happens in my job that I end up seeing the end of films because of having to clean the mess up when everybody has left the screen

was clone wars good? i never saw it

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
rockimus prime Wrote:
herschell Wrote:I think it was Clone Wars though I've seen the end of Disaster Movie, that comonly happens in my job that I end up seeing the end of films because of having to clean the mess up when everybody has left the screen

was clone wars good? i never saw it

I liked it though it won't be to everybodies taste even some Star wars fans
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Last film I saw was Tropic Thunder, before that Pineapple Express, before that Step Brothers. So a bit of a comedy season. I enjoyed all of them, the last two more than I thought I would, especially Pineapple Express
09-25-2008, 10:28 PM
I didn't go and see Tropic Thunder, Tropic Thunder saw me!

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I saw Disaster Movie yesterday, really enjoyed it, much better than Meet The Spartans, I'm not going to see Tropic Thunder because of what I read about it and how it uses the word "retard" to describe certain type of people
09-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Death Race, which was actually a bit better than I was expecting it to be and Rightous Kill, which was quite poor for a Deniro and Pacino movie.

[center]Wants
Updated 18/02/09[/center][center][Image: TMA.jpg][/center][center]My collection
Updated 03/02/09[/center][center][Image: mightbaron.png][/center]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Saw tropic thunder on friday, i havnt laughed so much in ages! Its the best action comedy since Hot Fuzz. Must see!

[Image: 2388811014_8206b2b5b8.jpg]
No matter what you do you will always be "The person who told that kid to get some bonking done in order to sleep" :Mirage
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
herschell Wrote:I saw Disaster Movie yesterday, really enjoyed it, much better than Meet The Spartans, I'm not going to see Tropic Thunder because of what I read about it and how it uses the word "retard" to describe certain type of people

Thats a bit of a silly reason not to watch a movie. Disaster movie is more insulting, just because its so damned bad.

No matter what you do you will always be "The person who told that kid to get some bonking done in order to sleep" :Mirage
09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
KingGrimlock Wrote:Just saw Wall-e... if you haven't seen it go. It's hilarious and beautifully animated, a real quality film. Just try to skip all the negative subplots of monopolisation and over relience on technology (irony :roll: ) and you'll have a blast.

WALL-E is fantastic, I dont mind the subplots too, the opening scenes are great.

[Image: bsig20111.jpg]
Fact: Brawn isn't dead he's just been stamping on scalpers.
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Just got back from Death Race. I really really enjoyed it! Its like Mad Max 2 on steroids!