Saké Comments - What was the latest film your saw

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What was the latest film your saw
09-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Re: What was the latest film your saw
Sonny Wrote:Just got back from Death Race. I really really enjoyed it! Its like Mad Max 2 on steroids!
It reminded me of the The Running Man, but with bad ass cars.

I just watched Apocalypto for the 3rd time, It's a great movie IMO.

[center]Wants
Updated 18/02/09[/center][center][Image: TMA.jpg][/center][center]My collection
Updated 03/02/09[/center][center][Image: mightbaron.png][/center]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Brawn Wrote:
KingGrimlock Wrote:Just saw Wall-e... if you haven't seen it go. It's hilarious and beautifully animated, a real quality film. Just try to skip all the negative subplots of monopolisation and over relience on technology (irony :roll: ) and you'll have a blast.

WALL-E is fantastic, I dont mind the subplots too, the opening scenes are great.

It says so much for how great it is that it goes downhill when humans and speech comes into it!

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2008, 01:06 AM
lousy humans!

[Image: 2388811014_8206b2b5b8.jpg]
No matter what you do you will always be "The person who told that kid to get some bonking done in order to sleep" :Mirage
10-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Sonny Wrote:
herschell Wrote:I saw Disaster Movie yesterday, really enjoyed it, much better than Meet The Spartans, I'm not going to see Tropic Thunder because of what I read about it and how it uses the word "retard" to describe certain type of people

Thats a bit of a silly reason not to watch a movie. Disaster movie is more insulting, just because its so damned bad.

I have learning difficulties and the term "retard" is offensive to me, it may be a silly a reason not to waqtch it but I'm sticking to my guns as this subject is very imorptant to me
10-04-2008, 07:29 PM
herschell Wrote:
Sonny Wrote:
herschell Wrote:I saw Disaster Movie yesterday, really enjoyed it, much better than Meet The Spartans, I'm not going to see Tropic Thunder because of what I read about it and how it uses the word "retard" to describe certain type of people

Thats a bit of a silly reason not to watch a movie. Disaster movie is more insulting, just because its so damned bad.

I have learning difficulties and the term "retard" is offensive to me, it may be a silly a reason not to waqtch it but I'm sticking to my guns as this subject is very imorptant to me

One word can ruins someones day, or brighten their lives.

I'm gonna agree with Herschey on this one Sonny.

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
10-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Just saw Starship Troopers 3: Marauder, wasnt too bad, very B movie and straight to DVD fare but still an enjoyable film let down only by a somewhat dismal end battle.

Roll on number 4!

See You On The Bounce Troopers!

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Sunstreaker Wrote:
herschell Wrote:
Sonny Wrote:

Well i have learning problems too and i didnt find it offensive, it was just a joke. You said you saw disaster movie yet that makes fun of Amy Winehouse, thus indirectly taking the piss out of drug-addicts or those in re-hab yet you didnt find that offensive, which you should have since its a more of a serious problem and the joke was in bad taste (just like the whole movie).

I just dont see any reason why someone should let a word hurt them or offend them. People need to grow some thicker skins, everyones too uptight and easily offended these days. Its just sticks and stones-remember that, and unless someone directly calls you a name and are in punching distance then dont let it bother you because its pointless to waste your energy on such a stupid, insignificant little thing dont you think?

No matter what you do you will always be "The person who told that kid to get some bonking done in order to sleep" :Mirage
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
How much damage can a word do?

Words can change the world Sonny - never underestimate the harm that words can do.

[Image: newstreakersig11.jpg]
10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Sunstreaker Wrote:How much damage can a word do?

Words can change the world Sonny - never underestimate the harm that words can do.

Thats blowing it out of context juuuust a little bit. But anyways...

10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Just saw Stone Of Destiny about how Ian Hamilton stole the stone from westminister Abbey on Christmas Eve 1950 and took it back to Scotland
10-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Sonny Wrote:
Sunstreaker Wrote:
herschell Wrote:
Sonny Wrote:

Well i have learning problems too and i didnt find it offensive, it was just a joke. You said you saw disaster movie yet that makes fun of Amy Winehouse, thus indirectly taking the piss out of drug-addicts or those in re-hab yet you didnt find that offensive, which you should have since its a more of a serious problem and the joke was in bad taste (just like the whole movie).

I just dont see any reason why someone should let a word hurt them or offend them. People need to grow some thicker skins, everyones too uptight and easily offended these days. Its just sticks and stones-remember that, and unless someone directly calls you a name and are in punching distance then dont let it bother you because its pointless to waste your energy on such a stupid, insignificant little thing dont you think?

people with drug addictions more often than not bring them on themselves so personally I think they're fair game to ridicule, laugh at mock etc.....

learning difficulties are not the recipients choice and so if they choose to take offense or get upset about them then that is indeed their choice to opt out of watching a movie that they will probably not enjoy.

and why is it sticks and stones unless they are punchable? ..... thats a pretty puerile arguement that they don't upset you but you'd lash out violently for someone saying something that in the same sentence would not affect you if it was across a distance

Streaky is right about words doing a lot of harm

"Let's go," is a pretty good example of how lives can be affected

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
10-25-2008, 12:44 PM
oh and the films I saw were Death Race and The Happening

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Cool Hand Luke

[Image: Soldierx01.png]
10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Starscreams_Ghost Wrote:and why is it sticks and stones unless they are punchable? ..... thats a pretty puerile arguement that they don't upset you but you'd lash out violently for someone saying something that in the same sentence would not affect you if it was across a distance

Its not if you gave it some thought.

Metaphorically, if theres something you can do about it then do it, if not stop whinging as that never achieves anything either.

But in my own personal case, yeah i would cave someones face in if what they said offended me.

10-26-2008, 05:03 AM
88 Minutes- Avoid at all cost.

[Image: Soldierx01.png]