Saké Comments - Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Re: Transformers Brags - What's your latest buys
this guy was desperate, huh.

thanks for the headsup on the human alliance jazz, guys, got one from tru. now, i really need to have barricade!! waaa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm usually not a big fan of deluxe sized tf's (like'em big Wink ) but got tempted by Sainsburys exclusive Sideswipe, or as I call him Sunstreaker. Now to get the trans scan Sideswipe as his brother...any idea if tru started stocking them yet?
06-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Picked up my first DOTM toys.

Can't miss the Wreckers in their movie form, so got Deluxe Roadbuster and Topspin.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2011, 10:56 AM
As mentioned in the sightings, I grabbed Skyhammer today and he is all sorts of awesome. Great articulation (although some joints could be a bit tighter imo, and the leg andgles can be a bit awkward in some positions) and with enough mech tech ports and 5 mm posts to make him more armed than Ironhide. Size wise he's about the same as dotm Megatron, but the proportions feel more right. Weapon itself is decent but doesn't store that well in vehicle mode (you can attach it to any of the ports but it simply looks awkward).
On a side note, since I wanted my dotm Sunstreaker (aka Sainsbury's exclusive race paint Sideswipe) to have a bro, I got rotf Swerve off Tesco direct. Brothers are now reunited Tongue
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Had a look at skyhammer today in tesco but decided he was low on my priorities, but picked up Cyberverse Blackout. Trip to TRU found me almost buying some extra Scourges, but instead I got a Thunderwing. As someone with no attachment to the character I have to say this toy is pretty bad, certainly not up to the quality of the rest of the wave. Also got Human Alliance Jazz. I only have Bumblebee from the line, and I'd say Jazz is better, but I only really got him to go with leader Ironhide when he comes out.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
06-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Picked up DotM Powerglide and Skyhammer.

I decided I wanted at least 1 DotM Voyager, and after watching reviews of Megatron, Shockwave and Skyhammer I was put off by the rubbery bits of the other 2 figures. Besides the 2 figures I got are destined for my "Classics" shelves.

Also waiting on a package of MiniCons which I SUPPOSEDLY signed for at 10:20 this morning. Parcelforce are trying to contact the driver to find out what's going on, as the signature on their system just looks like a line with a twirl at the end, definatle NOT my signature.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Another late rotf purchase - deluxe Dead End this time. Why has nobody told me that mold is so freaking awesome?!
07-01-2011, 11:55 AM
My box of MiniCons turned up.

Generations - Swashplate, Brake-Neck, Drivetrain, and Pan-Handler.

DotM - Rav, Catilla, Dualor, and Triceradon.

07-02-2011, 03:52 PM
DOTM Leader Ironhide from Smyths Toys Oldham (grabbed last one on the shelf). He ain't perfect, but he's defo the ultimate movie Ironhide.
07-03-2011, 06:29 PM
over the last month ive picked up:

Sentinel Prime,
Jolt, sideswipe, topspin and Barricade.
HA Jazz,
Sainsburys Deluxe Prime,
Cyberverse Powerglide.

Oh and the Daily Mirror RPM freebees.

not found any wave 2 voyagers round my way yet Sad , but hopefully they will be my next haul. Smile
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Transformers Dark of the Moon Skids. Simply the best transformer I've ever picked up, everyone should try to find one.
:?
A decent vehicle mode, but an odd robot mode that is nowhere near as good as the ROTF one make this an allround forgettable figure. I went in expecting him to be a bit rubbish and wasn't surprised. He seems to be one of the ones suffering the most over the budget given to his mechtech weapon. Still, I'm one of the few who like the twins, so I must show my support. Man do those feet look dumb though. Very nice peice of engineering to form them, but why they did it I don't know. Overall a step down from the ROTF version.

07-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Botcon 2007 Weirdwolf.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
DOTM Deluxe Bumblebee from Tesco (£8.49), and Leader Sentinel and Ironhide from Argos (£35.99 each).

Bumblebee is nice, but there isn't a lot left to say about deluxe Bumblebee toys anymore. I prefer the way this one does the chest to the way the Battle blades one did. It is a completely new mould, which is nice, and feels a lot bolder than previous ones, though that may just be lack of paint.

I don't think I've ever seen such different Leaders as Sentinel and Ironhide. Sentinel follows in the footsteps of ROTF Prime in being horrendously complicated, whilst Ironhide is one of the simplest versions of the character yet. As a fan of complicated transformers I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Ironhide may be the better buy. They are both good, but Ironhide is so well thought out that he feels like a stronger figure. I like Sentinel too, someone has worked really hard to get two good modes out of him (although the red is a bit dull), but that doesn't change the fact I'm apprehensive about my second trip to vehicle mode. They may end up cheaper, but if you have any interest in these figures then £36 is a good price for them. I could insert my normal rant about the stilted dialogue on the voice chips but given that neither has the proper voice actor anyway I'm not all that bothered.

07-20-2011, 10:42 PM
DOTM Voyager Ironhide from TRU with a £5 off coupon. Was pretty disappointed by the range on offer, was hoping there's be a couple of Scourges left, but the whole Transformers section looked pretty messy and empty. I've overloaded myself with Ironhides recently, but this one definitely offers something that the leader doesn't, it works much better with the other figures and the transformation is decent if not spectacular. The chest is a weak point, but it's still superior to the previous voyager.

As an addendum to my previous post, I have to say that Sentinel has grown of me more than I thought he would and I now consider him as good if not better than leader Ironhide. Both still well worth a shot, and Argos still has them cheap.

07-21-2011, 08:44 AM
My 'Stalker Horde has swelled once more with the addition of another 8 in 24 hours. Also picked up Perfect Effect's latest releases, Buzzer and Laser, which are ok. Got a DotM Vortex which is gorgeous and well worth hunting down and a United Bumblebee in anticipation for the Goldbug head from Beelzeboss.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]