Saké Comments - General Transformer Sightings Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
General Transformer Sightings Thread
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Re: General Transformer Sightings Thread
my local Harrogate Toymaster came up trumps again,

RTS Voyagers,

PCC wave 4 skyhammer and Heavytread, plus one of the wave 3 repaints.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey, just a heads up guys...Tesco have deluxe figures for £6.49: half their previous price I believe. Picked up RTS Tracks after procrastinating these past weeks.
04-26-2011, 07:13 PM
My Tescos had HFTD Voyagers down to £9.99.
Picked up the last one (Banzaitron) off the shelf.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
minion Wrote:My Tescos had HFTD Voyagers down to £9.99.
Picked up the last one (Banzaitron) off the shelf.

Went to my local Tesco today to take advantage of this and they had NOTHING. Two leader-class Primes and the prerequisite two-dozen ROTF legends. That's it. Sad

Mint In Box Toy Reviews
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks IronicHide at tf2005 for the tip off, I made it to Sainsburys Ladbroke Grove this morning and got my first DOTM haul: Voyager Ironhide, Megs and Deluxe Crankcase, Ratchet and Bee. Was tempted by Scout class Ironhide but was too but decided against it. Don't think I saw an SP, I would have picked him up if I had. Voyager Prime is an utter mess. Avoid. They are also the only place I've seen the 4" Thor movie figures.

Unfortunately they only had 1 case worth, so after I took only 1 of each, they only had 3 Dlx Bees and 3 Voyager Primes left, plus all the cyberverse commanders and legends.

Also, @IronicHide, what time did you go to Westfield Entertainer? I was there at midday and they had just finished putting them out, on the end cap of the shelf with ROTF figures facing the door. Sign up for Twitter and I'll ping you whenever I make a sighting since we're local to each other.

They have Voyagers Prime, Megs, Ironhide, at least 2 of each.

Multiples of Deluxe Bee, Crankcase, Ratchet, and also Starscream and Roadbuster (1 each left of those as I got 1 of each) - EDIT - just remembered they had a black Skids too, the pain of seeing it caused a mental block for a moment.

Cyberverse Commanders prime, megs, ironhide, and all the first wave little ones too.

I must admit, compared to my ROTF first day haul of Leader Prime, HA Bee, Voyager Starscream and Dlx Rampage, Sideways, Sideswipe and Breakaway, I feel a bit underwhelmed by the packaging and size of the toys. Voyager Megs is better than I expected though, as usual the Voyager Megs is the best Megs, but this one feels like less of an afterthought than the previous two.
05-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Toys R Us as expected has the first wave of Deluxe, Voyager, Cyberverse and a few other bits and pieces for Dark of the Moon. Deluxes are back at £12.99 but Voyagers have gone back down to £19.99 (maybe due to being a little smaller?). Packaging is much more attractive in person than in pictures.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
05-17-2011, 12:05 PM
DOTM 1st wave of legends, scouts, deluxes, and voyagers at Macclesfield Sainsbury's. Was tempted to get Megatron but at £23 the price was bit too high for the size of the figure.
05-18-2011, 02:47 PM
anybody have the crankcase? and is the middle finger cut?

saw the first wave of cyberverse, deluxes, and voyagers at entertainer as well. voyagers were 23, and deluxes 13, cyberverse ordinary 5, and cyberverse commander 9.
05-18-2011, 05:43 PM
waraijj Wrote:anybody have the crankcase? and is the middle finger cut?

Just bought one, the middle fingers are intact, though a bit bent on mine. There's so much flexible plastic on this guy it's not even funny.

05-25-2011, 05:19 PM
TRU Edinburgh has finally managed to fill itself with transformers again after the drought. Obviously they've realised the "error" in their pricing and DOTM voyagers are now at £21.99. Leaders are now in stock at £39.99, but European ones with naff soundchips (though I don't think it actually makes any difference with Bumblebee), still holding out hope that we'll get US versions at some point like with ROTF and HFTD. What may be of interest to all you movie haters are the many, many Masterpiece Grimlocks they now have. I'm not impressed by this given the trouble I had getting one in January, months after the supposed release, and have to wonder how much the ebay sellers were bribing the stockroom workers to keep them off shelves (kidding...I hope). The latest Powercore two pack wave was also there, again with an annoying price hike to £9.99. They also have large hoards of both ROTF and HFTD deluxes in stock, and seriously need to have a word with themselves about the pricing. Just to sum up:

HFTD Deluxes: £9.97
PCC Two-Packs: £9.99 - yes, HFTD deluxes are cheaper than PCC Two-packs
DOTM Deluxes: £12.99 with Buy one get one half price offer
ROTF Deluxes: £12.99 - more expensive that either DOTM or HFTD (and I'd imagine RTS too), despite being older than all of them.

Where's that exploding head emoticon when you need it?

P.S. Almost forgot! Robot Heroes are still half price! I hope you like Cheetor and Blackarachnia!

05-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Triple post!

HFTD Leaders are down to £15 in sainsbury's, some other old stuff is at rediculous prices too. Guess that's what happens when you try to make money charging that little bit more than the competition - hope they learn their lesson.

06-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Please someone else post so I don't feel bad about quadruple posting?

Tesco have a lot of stuff on special offer, and if you look hard enough (read: look in the boxes on top of the shelves) you can get wave two (and wave one) DOTM deluxes for £8.49. Most of the other stuff is cheaper too, although I can't remember the exact prices. If you see a Topspin get him, he's a great figure and is already getting hard to find.

06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
If you missed your chance to get HA Skids when ROTF toys were around, you can get him (and HA Bee) in Argos. At the moment they are offering 25% off DotM stuff as well.
06-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Tesco Macclesfield has DOTM Topspin and Jolt plus wave 1 deluxes @ £8.47. Even at the lower price I still can't bring myself to buy any DOTM figures. Topspin did look good in the packaging.
06-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Unitedbot Wrote:Tesco Macclesfield has DOTM Topspin and Jolt plus wave 1 deluxes @ £8.47. Even at the lower price I still can't bring myself to buy any DOTM figures. Topspin did look good in the packaging.

Which Tesco is that? The big one or the town centre one?