Saké Comments - War for cybertron game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
War for cybertron game
06-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Re: War for cybertron game
I'm really starting to regret choosing Amazon to pre-order from, they haven't recieved any stock from the supplier (most likely because they accidently sent it to Gamestation instead) and so I'm completely in the dark about when I'll be getting my copy, Amazon has changed the order page to reflect their lack of stock (the main page links to one of their stores which is charging more and has no exclusives), and none of the high street stores have any copies of the game. Though I did see it in Sainsbury's, it was about £10 more expensive than Amazon's original price, and again had no exclusives. I'm not even sure who to lodge my complaints at, from where I'm standing it looks like it's Activision's distributor's fault, but that could just be Amazon covering their own back. All the information I have is from a very vague automated message from Amazon and what I've extrapolated from sightings of their exclusive at retail reported on this board.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

As far as I'm concerned, because of how poorly distribution has been handled in general, this is easily the worst Transformers game in recent years. Way to reward your good designers Activision.

UPDATE: Just received an e-mail with a revised delivery date of July 7th. It remains to be seen whether I'm still going to get the exclusive character...

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2010, 09:02 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:I'm really starting to regret choosing Amazon to pre-order from [snip]

I was on the same boat as you - soon as Amazon mailed me about lack of stock, I cancelled my preorder and went on my merry way around town looking for other places that stocked the game. Blockbusters turned out to be one of them (with Shockwave as bonus character), at a very close price.

Quote:As far as I'm concerned, because of how poorly distribution has been handled in general, this is easily the worst Transformers game in recent years. Way to reward your good designers Activision.

That's a bit unfair though, I'm suspecting UK suppliers didn't expect this game to be big (and with previous TF games in mind I can't blame them) and didn't order that many copies from Activision to begin with. Look at GAME - not only did a lot of their stores not stock WfC, their online site doesn't even offer the PC version of the game (or at least didn't last time I checked).

Quote:UPDATE: Just received an e-mail with a revised delivery date of July 7th. It remains to be seen whether I'm still going to get the exclusive character...

Good luck Smile The game really is worth it, and if you can get Jazz with it, all the power to you Smile
06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
I might get it at some point in the future but my PS3 hard drive is currently creaking at the seams. If it takes a 5GB install I only have 4GB left on my HD! So until I either delete some stuff or get a bigger HD I can't play it!

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
I've finally gotten my copy today and gonna hopefully start playing it this evening. Altho knowing my luck as i start playing it i'll probably get a call to work tonite grr!!!

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
07-01-2010, 11:54 AM
My copy arrived today, installing as I write. Amazon seem to have gotten lucky with the shipping, it was quicker than I'd have expected. And yes, I got Jazz.

07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
ive finished the decepticon campaign . im loving this game. cybertron is visually stunning. downside is the controls sometimes let me down. not always responsive.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
I've just done the whole campaign in one go. I'm going to wait until tomorro before passing judgement, since 8 straight hours of anything will make you hate it, and the final Autobot level certainly wasn't the best in the game.

07-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I'll be honest, I've only played it for about 2 or 3 hours. I like the idea but the controls don't feel natural to me. It'll probably be another month before I pick it up again though lol.
07-02-2010, 08:10 AM
thelastallosaur Wrote:I've just done the whole campaign in one go. I'm going to wait until tomorro before passing judgement, since 8 straight hours of anything will make you hate it, and the final Autobot level certainly wasn't the best in the game.

Initially the last boss fight of the game had me thinking 'wtf why is my attack the boss time taken away from me by those annoying spiders?' but then i figured out the tactic and he went down smoothly Tongue
07-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Now that people are over the initial amazement of the game, they're pointing out flaws and such with it. I'll wait for the game to drop to £20 bfore I pick it up. Just gotta bide my time until Crackdown 2 comes out next Friday.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Now that I've had a chance to test all the features my opinion an the game has improved, there is a lot of multiplayer value, but because of this the campaign isn't as good as it could be, and this is a minus next to the two movie games. On a personal level I prefer ROTF slightly because of this, but I can see why a more mainstream audience might prefer WFC, and in time I might too. PS3 players, we should arrange an online gaming session, escalation and the co-op campaign are begging for this sort of team up.

07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
thelastallosaur Wrote:PS3 players, we should arrange an online gaming session, escalation and the co-op campaign are begging for this sort of team up.

date and time please Big Grin
07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Got it today! Finished the first chapter of the Decepticons campagin and am now on the first chapter of the Autobots campagin.
After playing the demo I've got a good feel of the controls so its easy to just dive in.

Brilliant game so far!

[Image: highram1copy-1.png]
07-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Got it from Play no code or anything.

Not too sure about the click of the L3 for the transformation as i'm alway clicking it by mistake, but a small thing to live with.

THe online paly was a bit glitch but i'm sure that was because of my braodband playing up, the next day it was down all day.

Would be up for a bit of online play, depending on dates and times of course.

Only just started the cons section still on screamer chapter.

Hob.

http//search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZdiscoQ5fhob
[Image: Hob+and+Lala.png]
07-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Hob Wrote:

Not too sure about the click of the L3 for the transformation as i'm alway clicking it by mistake, but a small thing to live with.

Dude, you're as bad as Kyrotek/Skycake for not reading instructions manuals or checking settings. Controller confiuration 2 is your friend. Wink

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.