Saké Comments - IDW Transformers Comic Discussion - Spoilers Within

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IDW Transformers Comic Discussion - Spoilers Within
09-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Re: IDW Ongoing Series
Kup is now a pretender, becasue essentially his current body is just a shell around what's left of his old one. I suspect it's just his head and spark that are left of the old one. It was stated that his tech was so old that it wasn't compatible with current tech, so the only option was to build him an outer body based on Pretender technology.

Remember that in the IDW universe a Pretender shell isn't just an organic shell around the robot body. The Autobot pretenders simply had suits which would allow them to withstand the negative universe, so in IDW's Universe a pretender shell can simply be an outer suit to enhance the capabilities of the robot inside it.

In Last stand of the Wreckers it wasn't stated where Impactor and Guzzle went off to, it's likely that they'll not be touched upon again for a while. The question I had coming out of LsofW was - Who was part of Shockwave's Hand-Picked crew?

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Gruff Wrote:Where is Grimlock?

Isn't he in jail following the events of Maximum Dinobots ?
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM
dalisprime Wrote:
Gruff Wrote:Where is Grimlock?

Isn't he in jail following the events of Maximum Dinobots ?

His current location is unknown after Last stand of the Wreckers. If you've not read it the trade came out last week.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Oh, right, so the facility LSotW took place in was the place Grimmy was meant to be in? Didn't realise that.
09-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Bah!! the series will soon explode when galvatron returns. i wanna see galv against grimmers in a huge epic contest. the original comics had galvy beat up all 5 dinos, so wrong( yet right :? ) special charactors need a few issues at least before falling to the purple ones might. looking forward to drift though.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
09-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Re: IDW Transformers Comic Discussion
OK as we've veered off the opening subject, I've changed the title of this thread.

Please use this thread now to discuss the comics, and start a new thread for specific serties and issues if you wish to discuss those.

Don't worry about posting spoilers, as if anyone jumps into the discussion they'll have to face spoilers being discussed.

09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Re: IDW Transformers Comic Discussion - Spoilers Within
Nice one Phill, and my apologies to anyone whom i've given out inadvertant spoilers to!!

Anyways.............................. Yeah Grimlock got locked up in that giant Autobot prison and Overlord made him watch everything that happened and then he just disappeared although it was just hear say from Overlord.
Shockwave has taken a hand picked crew with him but the who and who not is a mystery although its a question of who havent we seen yet who would either have been a member of the Decepticon battalion that attacked the prison or the baddest of the bad Decepticons who were locked up. For whatever strange reason I get the idea that its gonna be made up of Japanese characters, mainly the Breastmasters. Dont ask me why.

By like i said in an earlier post is anyone not concerned with the number of characters getting killed off early? I'm finding the number of fatalities a bit concerning. There are after all only so many G1 and G2 characters and it the original Marvel run 200 issues from its 332 when it started killing of characters in relevant stories and by relevant i mean present day and none of the future ones like Space Pirates, Legacy Of Unicron etc etc!

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
09-10-2010, 10:30 PM
dont worry gruffster. if ironhide issue 4 is anything to go by, not too many bots will die. im lookin at you oh shiney one.
dont forget peeps, TF DRIFT was out today. cant wait to see where they take this character.

09-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Drift was out yesterday. Comic day in the UK is Thursday, unless there's been a public holidaythat week.

I bought Drift to support it, but wish that Alex Milne had made more variation in the design of the bots.

09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Drift #1 managed to trump the ongoing as one of the worst G1 TF comics i've read in the last ten years. Just terrible, terrible story telling. Alex Milne does a nice robot design, but for some reason he's seriously struggling to tell a story from panel to panel on this outing. I hope this gets a bit more interesting with #2 because it can't get any worse!

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
09-17-2010, 10:34 PM
minion Wrote:Drift #1 managed to trump the ongoing as one of the worst G1 TF comics i've read in the last ten years. Just terrible, terrible story telling. Alex Milne does a nice robot design, but for some reason he's seriously struggling to tell a story from panel to panel on this outing. I hope this gets a bit more interesting with #2 because it can't get any worse!

You didn't read Bumblebee then?

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:You didn't read Bumblebee then?

Even that was better than this dross.

09-19-2010, 07:57 PM
minion Wrote:
KingGrimlock Wrote:You didn't read Bumblebee then?

Even that was better than this dross.

Wow. It's amazing how devisive a comic can be. I thought Drift #1 was a highlight of the year!

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM
KingGrimlock Wrote:I thought Drift #1 was a highlight of the year!

Really?!?!?!?! Each to their own.

You'll be off to play with those 'awesome' movie toys again I presume? Wink

09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
drift #1 was poor IMO. hope for better next issue. now, if forbbidden planet can reserve the corrct ongoing comic for me.........i want issue 11 , not issue 2. donuts... :evil: