Saké Comments - A spring problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A spring problem
03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
A spring problem
Hi guys,

I've come across a minor nagging issue with my rts Lugnut - the 'punch of kill everything' on his left hand didn't really work properly and when transforming to plane mode the wing tip did not snap all the way to the wing leaving a gap. Grabbed my screwdriver to see what's going on in there and found the culprit in the form of multiple twists/bends/deformations (whatever you call them) on the spring that powers the whole mechanism.
This is where I turn to you - any suggestions where to get a spring I could use as replacement? It's probably something trivial (not pens though - tried one and it was too wide) but my brain is failing me for the time being Tongue

Cheers in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Re: A spring problem
Best advice would be to take it back.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
03-14-2011, 02:34 PM
TF wiki have also mentioned this:

"Lugnut's spring-loaded fists are excessively prone to jamming. The peg on the sliding hand section to which the long spring within the arm connects is too thin, meaning the spring dislodges randomly. Thankfully, this is easily fixable by unscrewing the arm, then squeezing the spring with pliers until it is secure on the peg."

Not sure if thats what you are referring to.

[Image: phantomfish2.jpg]
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
minionion had that same problem

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Yup. Haven't tried to fix it yet, but i'll probably end up salvaging a spring from another toy or locking the mechanism in place as the action feature doesn't interest me anyway.

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2011, 11:26 AM
KingGrimlock Wrote:Best advice would be to take it back.

It would be if i still had the packaging and receipt - I didn't think much of the problem when I first got the figure and everything else was fine so I got rid of the two Tongue And phantom - the spring didn't so much dislodge as get twisted and bent in a number of places.

EDIT: Just tried to use the spring from deluxe Skids...what do you know...it's too loose and the fist doesn't lock back fully Sad