Saké Comments - IDW Transformers Comic Discussion - Spoilers Within

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IDW Transformers Comic Discussion - Spoilers Within
09-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Re: IDW Transformers Comic Discussion - Spoilers Within
minion Wrote:
KingGrimlock Wrote:I thought Drift #1 was a highlight of the year!

Really?!?!?!?! Each to their own.

You'll be off to play with those 'awesome' movie toys again I presume? Wink

Tongue Awesome movie toys are awesome.

[center][Image: kinggrimlock1.jpg][/center]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2010, 06:33 PM
GALVY Wrote:drift #1 was poor IMO. hope for better next issue. now, if forbbidden planet can reserve the corrct ongoing comic for me.........i want issue 11 , not issue 2. donuts... :evil:

I didn't even get Drift in my pullbox even though i'm down for all TF titles. Weiners. That said, I think it was the universe's way of trying to tell me not to buy it...

[Image: hamstarcustoms2.jpg]
HamStar Customs - Mighty Muggs, Vinyl & More.
Not currently accepting commissions, will update when open for orders again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Drift #2 did nothing to really improve my opinion of the mini series. All of the Crystal City transformers look too alike, which whilst I assume is the point, it doesn't look visually engaging. Only highlight was the appearance of a certain bounty hunter at the end - but even then you know he's not going to be as cool as his Animated counter part.

Issue 11 of the ongoing was actually quite good though. Nice to see some focus on guys like Brawn and Bluestreak, as well as where the Thundercracker thing is going. Much needed attention was also given to the fact that humans and TFs shouldn't be a happy pairing.
I also approve of the book moving away from the horrendous movie style art and faces, and now the only reminder of it is Bumblebee's awful hybrid form.
The last page was pretty badass and for the first time in a while i'm actually quite excited to see where this is going.

10-23-2010, 06:37 PM
finally caught up on my comics now ive got money coming in after a doleite scum period. To be honest, though elements of the ongoing are pretty cool, since the first arc it does feel a bit repetitive: seems they are buying time to me, get to the next big story already. We know Megs has woken up, get him in.

Drift wasn't in my pullbox either. Our comic shop guys clearly value us. Though for completisms sake i have now ordered them all from ebay. What a buffoon I am.

I used to just be a Nemesis.
11-04-2010, 11:50 PM
drift 2 and 3 did little for me. you can almost see where the series is going to end up. would be nice if there was a huge twist , say , drift dosnt stick around to help at crystal city , and this isnt the story that sends him to the autos. cant see that meself. ongoing is ticking along slowly. visually great, story weak. to much human interaction. and will somebody put prime back in charge???
must give a shout out to the sector seven series. picked up issue 1 and 2 and was actually impressed. some glaring errors but the comics move along nice and fast. a good read to be fair.

[Image: images-1.jpg]

IM NOT MAD, IM LOVEABLE!!
11-05-2010, 08:18 AM
I've actually quite enjoyed the last arc in the ongoing. It's just as shame it took this long to gather any steam, and I suspect that many readers won't be bothered to persevere.

11-06-2010, 06:33 PM
the arc in the ongoing has improved greatly to be fair. there is just so much talk going on, and i cant believe the preds were just gonna walk away from a scrap with prime over a border issue. i just hope its all part of a decepticon infiltration. cos a con not fighting? give up know. the comic despratly needs a huge fight. i mean HUGE.

11-06-2010, 09:28 PM
See I quite like the fact that we're seeing the evolution of some characters. Thundercracker is a great example of this - as long as we don't see him sign up to be a wussy Autobot that is. With the Predacons I guess it was a sign of (energon) needs must - now whether they believe the pro-China stuff coming from their mouths is another thing altogether.

Still the previews have made it sound like we're going to get proper Decepticons sooner rather than later, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when they get back to Earth.

11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
i for one cant wait for megs to reappear. this megs (idw) has been the best of all time for me. i love his cold ruthelness. and less talk. :lol:

03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Well we are now up to what? issue 17 of the ongoing? Glad to see the art and storylines have matured somewhat but my concern still is that a lot of mainstream characters have been killed off for to early or groups have been seperated.
Its all well and good Razorclaw being part of the Decepticon High Command but the rest of the Preds on earth working for China??? that doesnt make sense to me.

Hopefully some background characters and Japanese and European characters will get some face time in upcoming issues which was one of the main things I loved about Last Stand Of The Wreckers.

See, the bright light... it ain't heaven, son. It's just a muzzle flare

[Image: gruff1.jpg]
03-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I thought issue 17 was a great read. 2 moments in it where something happened, which I didn't expect. Best one in a while.

360 MiniCons and counting.
[Image: serious.jpg]
Click the pic to visit my site.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
03-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Phill Wrote:I thought issue 17 was a great read. 2 moments in it where something happened, which I didn't expect. Best one in a while.

Quoted for truth. Those two moments really made me sit up and pay attention. Got to love Brawn too.

Also had my IDW Collection vol.3 turn up which was rather awesome. Shame it had the Avengers/TF crossover in it though as that's pretty weak.

03-25-2011, 12:41 AM
To be honest, at first I was really excited about the direction the final page of #17 was sending autobots at...until I realised what Jazz did was utterly un-Jazz-like. He may not be as cold at calculating odds as Prowl, but he doesn't rush headstrong into confrontation either. I mean he is head of spec ops for a reason =/.
03-30-2011, 10:38 AM
I've just read Heart of Darkness #1 - The story is okay, a little over-reliant on words like "anti-matrix" and "seekers" but it's got potential. I've got trust in Abnett and Lanning.

The art however......

[Image: FacepalmPrime.png]

I've never groaned out loud at bad artwork before this. I'm convinced Ulises Farinas hates Transformers and wants the readers to suffer.

Mint In Box Toy Reviews