Day 16 of our 17 day celebration of Transformers At The Moon looks at the year 2014.
You can read more about what happened around the world, both within and outside of the Transformers Universe and fandom, by clicking on the title above or visiting our 2014 Year in Review.
Around the Word
- Malaysian Airlines flight 370 disappears
- Scotland votes to remain a part of the United Kingdom
- Latvia adopts the Euro
- Ebola strikes West Africa
- ISIS declares an Islamic Caliphate
- Russia Annexes Crimea
- TFCon announce that they will be holding a second convention in Chicago USA to go alongside their convention in Canada. With some fans getting disheartened by the cost / size of BotCon, TFCon USA becomes a popular alternative. The convention goes on to be the central point for Third Party companies to announce new products
- Transformers Legacy is listed on Amazon
- Andrew Wildman confirms he will return for Transformers Regeneration One issue 100, the final issue
- Masterpiece Wheeljack is shown off via TagHobby
- Footage from the 1983 Tokyo Toy Show is uploaded onto You Tube
- IDW released their Wingblade series, a comic based on the Create a Character figure from Hasbro. The series gets rave reviews from fans
- March sees the first look at the new Transformers cartoon for 2014/2015 (Transformers Robots in Disguise)
- Third Party Metroplex figures are announced, though fans are more taken with Hasbro's version
- Masterpiece Bumblebee is confirmed after years of issues with Volkswagen
- Transformers Dark of the Moon is released, it's the first Transformers Live Action Movie which we do not attend a press preview screening of.
- WalMart breaks the Transformers Age of Extinction Shelf Date and gets toys to retail before anyone else. If this had been any other store it probably would have been a bigger deal, but as WalMart rules US retail, no-one really bats an eyelid
- Transformers Angry Birds is announced in June 2014
- Several unreleased Generation 2 sets are put on sale on eBay, as the general Transformers community discovers that these unreleased toys are not as limited as they had previously been informed
- Roll Out Roll Call confirm that they will be officially offering some Transformers Collectors Club figures. This is the first time in several years that the TFCC agree to work with another show
- In September Tag Hobby reveal MP-23, Exhaust, a Marlboro Wheeljack figure. Controversy entails with the figure banned from officially being imported into several countries due to cigarette marketing laws
- Bob Budiansky attends the London Film and Comic-con
- A US Website posts some rumours regarding a Visionaries movie and we later add some facts and details to the story after talking to the creators and licence holders.
- In October Michael Bay confirms he will not be working on Transformers 5
- December sees Perfect Effect release grey prototype images of Leonidas, the 3rd party Lio Convoy toy they announced a few years prior
- The Megadrive Megatron and Playstation Optimus Prime toys are shown off, and in December a gold version of Megatron is confirmed as a prize campaign
- We suspend updates to our website due to floods where we live, the worst in decades. We are directly affected although luckily our house (which is raised) keeps the water out, although the drive, garden, road and some houses further up our road (away from the river) are effected
- We visit Thailand on a Cricket Tour with friends, so we are unable to update our site
- In July we run a twitter competition on behalf of Abundant Marketing to give away two copies of the Limited Edition Transformers Prime Season 2 Volume 1 Orion Pax DVD
- We spend most of the year posting new trademark information and mirroring Toy sheets.
- In December we launch the latest version of TheVisionaries.net, the site is now optimised for mobile and table and features all the information we had previously as well as exclusive content on the unreleased Series two figures,
- TFCon USA
- Auto Assembly
- Roll Out Roll Call